Know your Amazon remote:
Take a look at new Amazon Voice Remote with Alexa. Please note that even though the new generation Amazon Fire TV & Fire Stick Remote has Alexa voice but that Voice Search does NOT work with Kodi. Voice search works with all Amazon Apps.
Checklist to Setup your Amazon Fire TV/Stick:
- Compatible TV – Amazon Fire TV devices are compatible with high-definition and ultra high-definition TVs with an HDMI input port.
- HDMI cable (not included) – Use an HDMI cable to connect your Fire TV to your TV. Fire TV devices support HDMI A Male-to-Male cables.
- Internet Connection – You need to connect your device to a Wi-Fi or wired (Ethernet) network, so you can complete setup and access all of the content available on Fire TV (e.g. movies, TV shows, apps, games, and more).
- Amazon account – You need an Amazon Account to use Fire TV Box or Fire Stick. It is very easy to get a FREE Amazon account, you can refer to our post on How to create a free Amazon account. If you don’t already have an Amazon account, you should create one using your computer. You can skip any steps that require payment information, as you do not require any payment to use KODI, Mobdro & other jailbroken apps.
Setting it up – Initial Setup:
1. Connect the power adapter – Connect the included power adapter into the Power port on the back of your Fire TV, then plug the other end into a power outlet. If you have a Fire Stick, connect the included USB cable to Fire Stick.
2. Connect to your TV – Plug one end of your HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the back of your Fire TV, then plug the other end into an available HDMI port on your TV. In case of Fire Stick, it plugs directly into your TV HDMI Port. Tip: Remember which HDMI port you used to connect your Fire TV, as you’ll need to select the corresponding input channel on your TV for the next step.
3. Select the input channel for your Fire TV – Turn on your TV, and select the input channel for the HDMI port you used to connect your Fire TV. You should then see a loading screen with the “Amazon Fire TV” logo.
Setting it up – WiFi & Sign in:
Assuming your Amazon Fire TV/Stick is registered you will see the following screen on your TV for the Amazon Fire TV/Stick once it all loads up:
To get into Kodi you go to the Amazon home page and navigate to Settings as shown on the picture and scroll down then go to Applications, Click Applications and then Click Manage Installed Applications – Click KODI and then click Launch KODI: Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Launch Kodi
While watching videos, pressing the SELECT button (big round button on the Amazon Fire TV stick remote) will bring up the PLAYER controls at the top of your screen to play, pause, stop, forward, rewind etc. Pressing the BACK button on the Amazon Fire TV stick remote will get rid of it.
** Any time you press the HOME button on your registered Amazon Fire TV stick, you will be brought back to the Amazon home screen.