The purpose of this article is to help our customers with basic directions that will fix most of common problems. The directions below fix the most of the issues customers face with Kodi. This is a great place to start if you experience any problem with your unit.
- First you want to delete the cache, which you can clear right before launching Kodi app, instead of Launching it, Scroll down with your remote and hit clear CACHE, PLEASE DO NOT HIT CLEAR DATA, that will erase of the content under the Kodi platform,
- .You may also consider Rebooting your modem and router at this point. Note- Usually if you unplug both router and modem, you want to plug the modem in first, and wait about 5 minutes to plug in your router.
- If your device is experiencing a lot of error messages such as “one or more items failed to play. these error messages simply mean that either the add-on is down for repair/update Or that specific link is not working and you need to try a different link. This is a standard error message, it DOES NOT mean that something is wrong with the device.
- If this error comes up for every single link you click on, then either the add-on is down for repair, or your device is not getting a strong WIFI signal. Even if you pay for 100mbps per month, that does not mean that you internet speed is 100mbps, since Internet speed can vary from room to room in your home. Also a majority of times your internet provider does not provide the speed promised.
- You want your speed to be above 10mbps download, anything less than 5mbps usually has a lot of buffering issues.
- Next try moving the unit to a room that is open and closer to the router, such as the living room. Even if that’s not where you want to use your unit, try this step to determine if the issue is WIFI reception /internet speed.
- If you have the fire tv box or Android Box unit, you can also try to hardwire the Ethernet cable from the router or modem to the box for better performance.